Wednesday 28 March 2012

Ministry of Stories

Well hello there,  I thought it about time that I talk a bit about what I've been doing lately:


For the last  six months I have been volunteering at a wonderful place called the Ministry of Stories. Situated on the vibrant Hoxton street the Ministry provides creative writing workshops for young people in Hackney. During these workshops a class of young writers will come in to write a story and I have been helping out illustrating the stories as they write them, I then become a writing mentor to help them finish their stories individually. Here's an example of one of the stories:


http://www.ministryofstories.org/story/masons-revenge/



You'll also find me volunteering at the ministry's rather unique shop called the Hoxton Street Monster Supplies Store. Products include tinned fear, human preserves and cubed earwax. If you can't make it to the shop there's also a monstrously good website:


I was also honored to receive the prestigious ' Minister of the Month' for November last year, and here's a bit about it on their blog: